Comments

We love hearing from you! Please leave your comments for everyone to read.  You may also post comments to our facebook page and or send them to our email address, raquelswingsforlife@yahoo.com.  Your comments will appear after our staff have had a chance to check them (keeps the evil spammers out – sorry for the delay).

15 Responses to Comments

• C. Ellis says:

Dear Fabio,
    It’s been a while since we last spoke. I hope that all is going well for you. I just wanted to take a minute and update you on my father. Allot has happened since the last time we had the opportunity to fly with you. Not sure if you remember but my dad got excepting into doing a clinical trial at Anderson to hopefully stop the cancer in his lungs, back, groin, and stomach. After the 2ND phase which you flew him home from, with the other gentleman from Bridgeport I believe, he had to be hospitalized and taken off the the trial due to his bodies reaction to the medication. No more Houston. Dr’s then discovered a new tumor in his trachea occluding 70% of his airway and grew in only 8 days. Extremly scary stuff. Dr’s decided he had to have a stint put in imediatly and start a super strong dose of radation for 15 days in a row in Dallas. After the radiation he had to be hospitalized again for complications related to the treatment for 12 days at St Paul in Dallas. Basiclly the radiation also fryed his esphogus behind the trachea with the tumor. He couldn’t eat or drink anything and still can’t today. But he was released this morning and we took him home with a feeding tube placed in his stomach for norishment. Afraid to say with more bad news though. Test from the esphogus show active cancer cells there now also. So, now the trying to find the next step in this fight. Luckly after some phone calls he’s back in at MD Anderson. We got an appointment for Monday morning to see his old Dr. Right now my dad is feeling better with high moral and a positive attitude. We plan on trying to drive him Sunday and being back in the middle of the week if all go’s well. Keep your fingers crossed for a plan by the Dr. Like I said, alot has happened the last few weeks and I’m sorry I haven’t been in touch. I did give your email address to my step mother (Karol) who sends out updates on my dad spuraticly. Thanks again for all you’ve done. The effect you have on people for the things you do is truely amazing. You do give people a fighting chance. We’ll be in touch, and maybe we’ll get the chance to fly again.

Thanks again,
    C. Ellis

• Diane Tippit says:

I wanted to thank you again for flying Holly and me down to Houston. It was a bright spot to an otherwise difficult trip. You,and your co-pilots, really made Holly smile and my husband and I appreciate that more than words can say! We are still waiting on pathology reports but so far so good! We will keep you posted.

Sincerely,

Diane Tippit

• Janet McMurray says:

Fabio (and other volunteers), as the mother-in-law of Marc Semmelmann, thank you with all my heart that you have offered this marvelous service to cancer patients. As you know, it is difficult for Marc to sit for the 6 hours it takes to drive to Houston, and now, with you angels in the sky, he can arrive there in only a brief time. Fabio, what a wonderful & loving son you are to your dear mother, Raquel. She truly has her wings and is looking down from Heaven with such pride!!!! Thank you SO much for your unselfish discipleship. You are truly God’s special servant!!

Janet McMurray

• Paul Hicks says:

I would like to express my sincere appreciation for flying my wife, Carmeletta, in 2007 to MD Anderson in Houston. His help and donations help us in her fight against cancer. She lost her fight Novemeber 2007, but even at the she thought Fabio and his service was outstanding. Thank you so much for this wonderful service.

Paul Hicks

• Rex and Janie Lake says:

“Fabio,
    Thank you for your friendship and for being a caring person. Thank you for giving me the chance to be part of your compassion mission.

Rex and Janie Lake”

*a letter we received in the mail

• Rob McManis says:

“Fabio,
    I had the chance to visit with my friend Marc Semmelmann this week. He told me about everything you are doing for him & his family. I wanted to send a donation.

Thanks,
    Rob McManis”

*a letter we received in the mail

• Connie and Randy Taylor says:

Hello,
    I hope this finds you doing well. I was on Raquel’s Wings for Life, it looks like you are very busy. You are doing such a wonderful thing for all these family’s who have a sick child, or who themselves are sick with this dreadful disease called cancer.
    I will always remember Grant’s excitment and the look on this precious face when you flew him to Houston, so he could continue his treatment at M.D. Anderson.
    We are so fortunate to have had clear MRI’s this whole year.
    I’m sending a small donation, my prayers and thoughts are with you. Always know you have a special place in our hearts.

Grant Wagoners’s Memaw, and Poppa
    Connie and Randy Taylor

• Frank Semmelmann says:

Fabio and volunteers,
    You are truly angels with wings of a different kind—streched out on the plane and on your backs, too. You have been sent by God to my family in Decatur as you have flown son Marc back and forth for treatments MDA after his major pelvic/hip surgery in July, now 13 flights according to you posting. Your dedication to your mother and to others now in her memory , Fabio, is truly commendable to say the very least. She would be so very proud of her son and what he is doing for others. And from Marc’s dad to you, the words “Thank you” are so inadequate to say to you and the volunteers, but just know how very much I appreciate all of you for each time you have flown Marc to and from Decatur for his treatments at MDA in Houston.

• Susanne Coffey says:

“Thanks for taking care of my friend Robert Smith. Your organization does good work in the world.

Merry Christmas,
    Susanne Coffey”

*a letter we received in the mail

• Marilyn Carver says:

Dear Fabio,

I would just like to say that you all have been such a blessing to me. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate all that you have done. I know God truly is pleased with you for what you are doing and I pray He will pour out blessings on you so much that you cannot contain them all. Once this is all behind me and I get back to work I would like very much to help with your fund-raising events. Again thank you so much for helping me when I really needed it. God bless you all.

Sincerely,
    Marilyn

P.S. Jim was such a pleasant person to be around and showed such patience when waiting for me to finish with my appointments. I really appreciated that.

• “Thanks for bringing our family home we are so blessed to of found you.”- Betty Ann Barnett Weatherly
    Saturday May 12, 2012 at 5:08am via http://www.facebook.com

• Jeanine Rhoades says:

Raquel’s Wings for Life has been a blessing to me and my family as I continue my chemotherapy treatments at MD Anderson. Fabio and all the pilots have been very accommodating, flexible, friendly, professional & caring. They ensure our comfort and safety. They are always extremely flexible even when my schedule changes.

• Pam Martin says:

In memory of Jeanine Rhoades.

She was so blessed to have had y’all to fly her down when needed for treatments!

Thanks for all you do!

• Harvey Weatherly says:

Thanks for all y’all do. Such a blessing & God bless y’all every day…..

• Rosemary Helgeson McClain says:

I would like to thank you, Fabio and all the pilots for everything you did for Jeanine. I was able to visit Jeanine several times while she was ill and flew with her to Houston a few times. The pilots were all wonderful. The services you provide were a God-send to Jeanine and Jim. Thank You so much!